Friday, October 12, 2012

Kobe on a roll!



I am on the record as not being a big Kobe fan.  I know that's a really confounding thing to a lot of people, but I don't care.  Guy just never did it for me.  Plus he beat AI in his only real shot to win a title, so fuck him.  ANYWAY, I think I'm developing an appreciation for Kobe as he realizes that he's only got a couple years left, is a top-10 player ever, and can just talk whatever shit he wants.  First, we have Smush Parker responding to Kobe's comments yesterday by saying that Kobe wouldn't let Smush talk to him off the court?!  That is GOLD.  You have to be a serious kind of narcissistic asshole to pull something like that off. 

Then he trashes the Sixers and the fact that they gave Kwame Brown a two-year, $6 million contract.  And the fact is, he's completely right.  Kwame freaking Brown, on the Sixers.  If they got him after Bynum, I guess it would make some kind of sense to have him as a backup for when Bynum either collapses into a pile of torn ligaments or he pulls JJ Barea's head off of his body mid-game.  But Kwame was here before Bynum!  Seriously, this guy is going to get paid millions of dollars, and log actual playing time.  Unbelievable.
 


Kobe, when you're right you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment