Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Your 2013 ROY, Damian Lillard

Damian Lillard is force feeding me my words from my October 8 preview of the Northwest Division in which I idiotically said, "With rookie Damian Lillard out of Weber St. starting at point for the Blazers, expect it to be a long, ugly year."  Though I still stick by my prediction of a 39-43 season for the Blazers (they are 20-21 right now), I could not have been any further off on Damian Lillard.  The kid is averaging 18.3ppg, 3.5 boards, close to 7 assists and a steal per game while playing close to 39 minutes per and shooting 42% from the field and 83% from the line.  Those are Rookie of the Year numbers, period.  It's not even close.  Washington's Bradley Beal has come on lately (because of injuries) but has been wildly inconsistent on the year.  Other candidates are Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Harrison Barnes and Dion Waiters but none are even in the same stratosphere as Lillard.

Last night he showed us a shocking example of his athleticism and was kind enough to allow Nene to join him on his next poster.  I know Nene isn't European, but I'm filing this in the same category.  Wow.




No comments:

Post a Comment